April 19 – Q – Quilla y Quaker

(for Turron de Quaker)

April’s A to Z Blogging Challenge

Turron de Quaker

This is easily one of our favourite treats, yet it is ridiculously simple in ingredients: cocoa powder (the brand name El Quilla), oats (Quaker), heaps of butter, milk, sugar, and criollitas crackers (similar to soda crackers).  This recipe is written about best (and in English) at this blog site: FROM ARGENTINA WITH LOVE.  Basically, you heat up the chocolate and oat mixture on the stove top, then you layer crackers and melted chocolate oat concoction as if you were laying bricks – then freeze!

Around here it never lasts very long because it is like crack, and you just can’t stop at one, and given the copious amounts of butter in it, we know better than to make it too often!

Crackers

Cocoa Powder

2 thoughts on “Q – Quilla y Quaker

1. The do sound good, I hate to bake, but something this straight forward even I might give it go.

Here for a-z, hey you forgot to turn off your captcha thing…might be why I’m the first to leave you a comment. Sometimes people don’t realize they’re setting have the dreaded captcha there, so thought I’d mention it. You’re suppose to turn it off for the challenge.

Interesting, can’t add my website to your space either, you really might want to check your settings. Will leave it here as a hyperlink
    Sandy at Traveling Suitcase A-Z

1. Hello Sandy,
      Thank you so much for the comment! With Edublogs, unfortunately, I cannot turn off the captcha thing. It is a site I use with my students and children for security purposes. But thanks for letting me know, as I wasn’t aware of it anyhow. Thanks for leaving me your site to read. Cheers and thanks for reading!